Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Interceptor 650 for touring and her opinion after 700+km

I think there has been a lot of debate on what bike is good for touring and not good as well. Some folks may be looking for a bucket seat and a cruiser handle to feel and well.. say yeah we are touring and this is a touring bike. 

We went on a 700+ km ride to Bhimtal and back which is steep hills around 1000m + above sea level. I have the interceptor 650 with the stock seat. I used handle bar risers and feel the position is comfortable. I did a solo ride to Mukteshwar with Zubin (Dominar) in January and the bike is good for touring.

This time, my spouse accompanied me on the pillion all 700+ km climbing the steep hills and muddy road to our hotel. I think the Interceptor is great bike for touring. The pick up is awesome and I never felt there was any lag in power at anytime. One can speed up 0 to 100 in 3 seconds and we leave the cars behind easy and then its the next set of cars to overtake.. 😊 

Coming down the steep mountain slopes with pillion took a toll on my arms and back. I say in case of pillion, RE needs to make better seats for the interceptor! Besides the seat it's been great. I have been advised to try the touring seat which I must do.

Meanwhile let's hear what she has to say about riding on the interceptor 650 on the pillion seat for 700+ km.






Interceptor 650cc is a heavy bike at 200kg approximate compared to a KTM 390 (158kg). On the hills on has to take care that we stop carefully as if it tilts beyond an angle, it may be difficult to control on the steep climb.

A short uphill drive, along two-kilometers of Kuccha road from Bhimtal Lake, leads you to Fredy's Bungalow... Great place for a very quiet time and treks










Cheers guys!

Biker BT


2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing blog, traveling with bike 700+ km is not easy.
    you need full safety with you, Gloves, jacket, bag, etc.
    Buy bike riding accessories online india

    ReplyDelete

Hot action on BikerBT.com!

Gear Up for Adventure: Suzuki V-Strom 800DE Blazes into New Delhi

Calling all adventure enthusiasts! The long-awaited Suzuki V-Strom 800DE has finally arrived, launched at the Suzuki Arena in New Delhi. Th...